7.27.2010

The Simplest Vinaigrette Ever!

Personally, I am not a fan of bottled salad dressing. I find the cost friendly brands to be full of ingredients I can't pronounce and the organic brands to be outrageously priced, so I like to make my own. It can seem daunting to prepare a homemade vinaigrette at 6:30 a.m. when chopping veggies for your lunchtime salad seems like a good way to lose a finger. This simple and delicious recipe, hailing from a friend of a friend in Spain, will make creating a healthy dressing the easiest part of your morning routine.

Honey Balsamic Vinaigrette
Makes enough for a single serving of salad.


Ingredients:
1/4 teaspoon of honey  

1 1/2 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar (less or more depending on salad size and taste preference)  
1/2 teaspoon of olive or grapeseed oil
 

Preparation:
Put balsamic vinegar and honey in a microwave safe container. Heat in the microwave for 10 -15 seconds. Add olive oil. Shake or whisk to emulsify. Pour on salad and enjoy!
 

Tip:
I like to put the balsamic and honey in a small Tupperware in the morning. I keep a small jar of oil at work. I heat the vinegar and add the oil at work, right before I'm ready to eat the salad so it is fresh and warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment