11.09.2010

Can I make a dinner party for 15 people in an hour and a half?

Alright.  It is my good friend's birthday tomorrow.  The plan is to make a dinner for 15 people in under two hours between the time I get off work and seven o'clock when the guests are to arrive.  The birthday girl has requested food in a Greek theme.  I've never cooked Greek food before, and honestly it was partially my suggestion.  My roommate brought home spices from her trip to Greece this summer and I have been dying to use them.  So not only is this a time challenge, but it is also a culinary challenge.  Needless to say, I'm a little nervous, a little intimidates, and a lot excited!

The plan is finger foods:

Gyro style ground lamb (turkey for those who are afraid) with tzatziki sauce and pita chips
Dolmas
French fries
Salad with feta, tomatoes, cucumbers, and garlic
Hummus with veggies

And of course dessert, but the birthday girl reads this blog so the desserts will remain a surprise.  The challenge has been set.  I'll let you know how it goes! 


2 comments:

  1. You pulled it off with aplomb - it was so amazingly good! You are fantastically awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It seems like you wouldn't have been able to pull this off without the help of at least one strapping young man.... But if you did, then Kudos to you!

    ReplyDelete