8.03.2010

Delicious and Pleasing to the Eye

There is nothing worse than being grossed out at the sight of your food. It is for this reason that I think your food should not only be delicious but also nice to look at. I love the contrast of bright orange and yellow peaches on white products such as ice cream, heavy cream, whipped cream, milk, yogurt...really anything in the dairy family. It is a nice, bright, morning treat for the eyes. This recipe is a great healthy, summer option that makes me feel like I'm doing myself a favor.

 



Yogurt with Peaches, Bananas, and Granola
Makes two servings


Ingredients:


1 cup of plain yogurt
1 organic banana
1 organic peach
3/4 cup of organic maple granola


Preparation:


Put 1/2 cup of yogurt into two bowls. Slice the banana into 1/4 in rounds, add half to each bowl of yogurt. Slice the peach into wedges and add half to each bowl. Sprinkle half of the granola into each bowl. Consume and feel good about it!


Tips:


Look for yogurt without high fructose corn syrup. I think you'll be surprised by how many popular brands are chalk full of this over-processed, corn-based sweetener.

I like to use plain yogurt because I think the tartness really lets the sweetness of the bananas and peaches shine.

No comments:

Post a Comment